Monday, December 27, 2010

Steak with Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce


This sauce will change your life. I'm not exaggerating or being sarcastic in any way, either! Even if you're not a blue cheese fan, I'm begging you to just try it!! Some good steaks don't need sauce, but if you want to try something different and absolutely phenomenally delicious, try this! It is thick, creamy, and so savory that you won't be able to stop eating it. It pairs perfectly with a seasoned steak right off the grill, and is also amazing as a dip for crusty bread or rolls. I have made it several times for my husband and I, as well as for guests, and each time I taste it, I honestly want to cry. It is that good. (Recipe and picture courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.)

Ingredients:

  • 2 whole ribeye steaks
  • 2 Tbsp. butter
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 4 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

Salt and pepper both sides of the steaks. Grill in 2 Tbsp. butter until cooked to your liking (medium-well is my favorite). Saute onions in 4 Tbsp. butter over high heat for 5-7 minutes, or until dark and caramelized. Reduce heat to simmer and pour in cream. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Stir in blue cheese until melted. Serve a generous portion of sauce over steaks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this tonight on 3 small steaks I found in my freezer!! I can't wait!!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete