- 2 servings grits, cooked according to package directions (I cook mine with chicken broth instead of water to give it more flavor)
- 2 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 c. canned corn
- one pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
While grits are cooking, heat heavy cream, butter, salt and pepper together in a medium-sized skillet of medium-high heat. When cream begins to boil, add in the corn, red pepper flakes, worcestershire sauce, cheese and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until cheese is melted and sauce ingredients are combined. Add in shrimp and cook until pink and firm. Serve grits in a bowl and pour cream sauce over top.
Tip: If shrimp are already cooked, add them into the sauce at the very end for about a minute, or until they are heated through.