- 1 lb. steak, grilled with your favorite seasonings/marinade
- I used A1 Peppercorn sauce - my absolute favorite steak sauce!
- 1 bag mixed greens/spring mix
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Onion Strings
- 1 large yellow or white onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Blue Cheese Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Mix the milk and egg together in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and pepper. Dredge onion slices in the milk mixture, then in the flour. Drop onions into the hot oil and let them saute, turning every 30 second to 1 minute. Remove to a paper towel when they become light brown.
For the Blue Cheese Vinaigrette:
Put all ingredients except blue cheese in a food processor/blender and blend until smooth. Add in the blue cheese crumbles and mix again.
To Assemble the Salad:
Layer the mixed greens, tomatoes and pecans on plates. Slice the steak thinly and lay on top of the greens. Top with a handful of onion strings and drizzle the vinaigrette over top. Serve immediately.