Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Greek Veggie Wraps

I'm a big fan of Greek salads with feta cheese and that fantastic Greek dressing. So how about taking the basic Greek salad ingredients and putting them into a wrap? I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about this recipe, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try since I liked the salad so much! These turned out great and made a healthy and filling lunch for Neal and I. I loved the tang of the dressing and banana peppers mixed with the feta cheese and crunchy veggies. Add in some cooked, diced chicken and these can become a great dinner too! (Recipe and picture courtesy of Annie's Eats)










Ingredients:

  • 4 wraps or tortillas
  • Cooked whole wheat couscous or rice
  • Baby spinach leaves
  • Diced fresh tomatoes
  • Julienned or shredded carrots
  • Chopped banana peppers
  • Chopped cucumbers
  • Crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:

  • 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 5 Tbsp. olive oil
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a small jar or tupperware and shake well to combine. To assemble wraps: Put all ingredients into a wrap or tortilla and drizzle with as much dressing as you'd like. Roll up the wraps tightly, tucking in the ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment