Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Salad Sandwiches

So obviously I've been terrible at adding any new recipes since my little one was born! I've been focusing a lot more on my personal family blog over the past couple of months to update all of my family and friends who live away from me. It's a private blog, so just holler if you want me to invite you!

I've got about a dozen recipes I've been meaning to add and I'm going to do my best to add them over the next few days. This is a twist on the classic chicken salad sandwich with a bit of a kick. If you like buffalo sauce or wings, you'll love this one! Neal told me he doesn't want the original chicken salad sandwich anymore.. It's just not good enough. Ha. I really liked this version for a change and will definitely be making it over and over again. (Picture courtesy of Elephant Eats)

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 1/2 cup ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 2 celery stalks, diced finely
  • 1/4 cup onion, diced finely
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • sandwich buns
In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients. Serve on buns and top with your favorite sandwich fixings (tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, etc.) Store leftovers in a covered container in the fridge. Serves 4-6.

3 comments:

  1. Merideth I didn't even know you had a family blog! Can you invite me, my email is sarashleybrandon at gmail dot com. My family blog is sarjobran.blogspot.com--we sure do miss you guys! Cant believe our baby boys are only a few months apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love an invite! jaredpalmer86@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love an invite! valancy16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete