Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Santa Fe Chicken Salad Wraps

I'm usually pretty good at packing a lunch with me when I go to work everyday, but I'm not very good at bringing a variety of meals that I don't get tired of quickly. Sometimes I feel like I eat sandwich after sandwich until I would rather starve than eat another one. Lately I've been spicing things up a bit by trying new wraps filled with everything from eggs, bacon and potatoes to chicken salad. This is a fantastic recipe that has a slight Mexican zing to it. It is very versatile and can be used for lunch or dinner and it is very healthy compared to some of my other lunchtime options. I served it last night for dinner and it made plenty for my husband and I with enough leftover to bring for lunch today! And I have to admit: you just can't beat having a home-cooked meal for lunch. (Picture and recipe adapted from Good Life Eats)



Ingredients:


  • 2/3 cup sour cream

  • 3 Tbsp. lime juice (or juice from one lime)

  • 1/2 tsp. salt

  • 1/4 tsp. pepper

  • 1/4 tsp. cumin

  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder

  • 1-2 Tbsp. minced cilantro

  • 1/4 cup diced onion

  • 1/3 cup corn kernels

  • 1/3 cup black beans

  • 1/3 cup diced green or red pepper

  • 2 cups cooked chicken, diced or shredded

  • Burrito-sized tortillas

  • Sliced avocado

  • Lettuce or baby spinach

In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder and cilantro. Add the onion, corn, black beans, pepper and chicken and stir to combine. Cover and chill until serving.


To prepare the wraps: Layer chicken salad, lettuce and avocado slices in the center of the tortillas. Fold in the ends and wrap up to seal it.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy told me that this was a hit last night, so I am going to try it! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete