- 1 cup cooked rice, at room temperature*
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium mango, peeled and diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced finely
- 1/2 medium onion, diced finely
- 1 handful chopped cilantro (1/2 cup)
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
Mix together the rice, beans, mango, pepper, onion and cilantro. In a separate small bowl, mix together the red wine vinegar, olive oil and lime juice until combined. Pour on top of salad and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least one hour before serving. Serve alone or over chicken or fish.
*I recommend cooking the rice in either vegetable or chicken broth for more flavor.