Monday, May 23, 2011

Creamy Southwestern Black Bean and Corn Salad

This recipe is very similar to my BBQ Black Bean and Corn Salsa recipe I posted several months ago, but with a different sauce and a few different ingredients. I had completely forgotten about this recipe until my brother-in-law called me on Saturday and begged me to make this salad for him that night. I complied and later on that day realized I had never even posted it on my blog before! It really is absolutely delicious and can be used as a salad or, even better, as a chip dip. Ffunny enough, it tastes best with Doritos (discovered by my husband). Any flavor works great, but the Doritos really complement the light, soft flavors of the dip perfectly. This is a very healthy and fresh recipe that is perfect for a summer BBQ or family party. It literally took me 5 minutes to put this together and it was ready to eat immediately. It does taste better the longer it sits since the flavors can meld together, but it's still delicious if you're like me and can't wait a few hours to dig in.


Ingredients:



  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

  • 1 can corn, drained and rinsed

  • 1 large green pepper, diced

  • 1 medium tomato, diced

  • 1 bunch cilantro, chopped finely

  • 1/2 small onion, diced (optional)

  • 1/2 cup sour cream

  • 1/4 cup ranch dressing

  • 1 tsp. cumin

  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice

  • 1 tsp. garlic powder

Mix the beans, corn, green pepper, tomato, cilantro and onion together in a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients and stir into the salad until evenly coated. Add more ranch and seasonings to taste. Store in the refrigerator for several hours before serving. Serve as a side salad or as a chip dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment