Friday, January 28, 2011

Winger's Sticky Fingers

I have a problem with going to restaurants: I love the food and I begin to crave it. It especially becomes a problem when I move across the country and no longer have specific restaurants available to me such as Cafe Rio, Rumbi or Winger's. So I have made it a goal to find copy-cat recipes of some of my favorite foods. This particular recipe is a copy-cat of Winger's infamous sticky fingers. I crave their amazing sauce and I often find my mouth watering just thinking about it. Lucky for me, I stumbled across a recipe that tastes almost exactly like Winger's original sticky fingers! It's extremely easy to throw together with only 3 common ingredients. I also made my own chicken fingers rather than buying them and baked them in the oven for a healthier dish. (Picture and recipe courtesy of Favorite Family Recipes.)

Ingredients:

Sauce Recipe:
  • 3 Tbsp. Frank's Hot Sauce
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp. water

Chicken Recipe:

  • 1 lb. chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder

Preset oven to 375 degrees. Pour milk in a small bowl. Mix bread crumbs, flour and garlic powder in a separate small bowl. Coat chicken breasts in milk and then in bread crumb mixture. Lay chicken pieces flat on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. While cooking, mix together the hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Toss cooked chicken strips in sauce until coated. Serve with a side of ranch dressing for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment