Monday, December 6, 2010

My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies


I'll admit it- I am in love with chocolate chip cookies. I actually went through a phase after I was married where I tried a new recipe every week, determined to find "the ultimate recipe." And I have to admit, these have been by far my favorite! They are the Cook's Illustrated version and they are a.maz.ing. They are thick and chewy which are two musts for any cookie. And the bonus? It calls for melted butter so you don't have to worry about softening the butter an hour before you want to make the cookies. (Picture courtesy of myrecipes.com.)

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. table salt
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 12 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled (1 1/2 sticks)
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1-2 c. chocolate chips

Heat oven to 325 degrees. Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl, set aside. Either by hand or electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Mix in egg, yolk, and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Form dough into balls and place on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake, reversing cookie sheet's position about halfway through, until lightly golden brown and soft and puffy, about 15-18 minutes (Start checking at 13 minutes). Serve or store in air-tight container.

Tip: These cookies are also fabulous with 1 cup of oatmeal or shredded coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment