Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Classic Chicken Enchiladas



This meal appeared on my dinner table at least 2 times a month at my house growing up. I shared it with my husband after we were married and now he insists it be on our table 2-3 times a month as well. These enchiladas are simple, filling, comforting, and so yummy! Everyone I've made them for raves about them and demands the recipe. I laugh everytime because it really is so easy. I promise you everybody in your family will love this meal! (Picture courtesy of Cooking Light.)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cooked chopped or shredded chicken
  • 1 small can diced green chilies
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1-2 cups grated cheese (I prefer cheddar or pepper jack)
  • 1 can green enchilada sauce
  • 1 small can diced olives (optional)
  • 6-8 Burrito-size flour tortillas

Mix chicken, chilies, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup together in a medium mixing bowl. Fill tortillas with about 2 large scoops of chicken mixture and roll tightly. Lay tortillas vertically in a 9x13 baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled tortillas and sprinkle with grated cheese and diced olives. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through. Serve warm with diced tomatoes, lettuce, hot sauce, fresh cilantro and salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment