Monday, May 5, 2014

Sweet and Sticky Slow Cooker Chicken

Since I've had Grant (my 9-month old baby boy), the slow cooker has become one of my favorite kitchen appliances. It's so easy and convenient to throw in some food in the morning or early afternoon, and then have dinner pretty much ready within just a few hours! I love that I don't have to be home and that I can go about my regular routine without having to worry about getting home in time to start dinner or wondering what I should make at 5:00 when we're all starving and grumpy.

Yesterday before we left for church, I threw in some frozen chicken and a few other ingredients and set the heat to low. A few hours later, after we returned from church, the house smelled amazing and all I had to do was cook up some wild rice and toss a salad. Love it! The chicken turned out sweet and salty and I loved the flavor combination of the BBQ, Apricot and onion soup mix. You can't beat the simplicity of 4 ingredients! I honestly don't know what I'd do without my crock pot...



Ingredients:

4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Mine were frozen)
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 cup apricot jam or preserves
1 packet dry onion soup mix

Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Mix together the BBQ sauce and the apricot preserves and pour over the top of the chicken. Sprinkle the dry onion soup mix over the top of everything. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on Low for 6-8 hours, or closer to 5-6 if using thawed chicken breasts. Serve over rice if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment