Garlic White Sauce:
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- Herbs such as basil, parsley, and oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion sliced thin
- 1 small package cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 bag fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups Fontina cheese, grated (A mozzarella and parmesan mix works great too)
Place the sliced onions in a saute pan with a couple tablespoons of butter. Stir over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until they become very soft. Add in sliced mushrooms and cook until mushrooms begin to release their juices and the onions begin to take on a caramel color.
Pour the white sauce into the middle of the pizza dough and spread around with a a ladle. Sprinkle on the onions, mushrooms and spinach and top with grated cheese. Bake pizza on a pizza stone in a 500 degree oven for 8 to 13 minutes or until edges are crisp and cheese is golden and bubbly in spots.